Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Last internals

Tomorrow will be the last day of my internals ever. And me being in the last and final semester am not studying for it, but, on the contrary, am writing a blog post for I have lost all hope.
I still remember the time when I was in my first year and was faced with the daunting task of facing the first internal exams of college life. It was a never felt before experience. We all had to give 10 exams in five days continuously. Which translates to 2 exams per day on a five day stretch !!
Being in the first semester and all, we had a "we can become good engineers and make the world a better place" attitude. I used to write 10 page assignments on A4 sheets. Now, I didn't have the experience of writing on blank sheets of paper, so invariably the text would go zig-zag. To counter that, I used to draw equally spaced parallel lines with the help of my drafter on each of those 10 sheets. Yes I sucked (to some extent), but then I didn't know what engineering was all about. (Engineering is actually 4 years of watching movies, eating, sleeping and boozing)
But coming back to the internal exam thingie. I remember we had a short preparatory holiday before the internal and we had smartly decided to go back to Delhi. (On a side note, that was the only trip when we were blessed with the babes of Manipal in our train). I had carried an air-bag full of books, notes and what not just for the exams. If there was one thing which I learnt from that trip was that you can't study at home (and also that the Manipal crowd boards the Mangla express from Kankanadi and Udupi).
After returning what followed were the five most gruelling days of my life. And yes that sucked.
The internals which followed over the years have never been taken too seriously by me or most of my fellow mates. I also stopped drawing those silly lines with the drafter and my assignments were no longer than 4 pages.
But the one thing which hasn't changed over the years is that, I don't cheat in exams. This is one of the few (only??) principles which I have and I don't know why? It is not because of the "You are after all cheating yourself" thingie. It is just one of those crazy stupid things which you believe in and end up regretting.
God knows what is going to happen tomorrow :(
Update: No more principles for me. Exams went fine ;D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

even i dont cheat...not when the examiner is looking