Friday, December 23, 2005

The passport ordeal - III

Today was supposed to be the day when I finally was to receive my passport. I drove down all the way from here to the passport office along with Harman in the evening. I waited for around 45 minutes before my name was announced. At that time I thought that finally the job was finished. How wrong was I !!
The person who called out my name took out my form and said that, the name of my father was too long to fit in the database !!! I'm like: "What the f*ck!!" . This was despite the fact that the name fit in the boxes provided in the passport form. That person took me to another, who asked me to cut off some portion of my father's name. I was obviously against that and suggested to write the initials instead of the whole name. They wouldn't agree to that. The only solution, they said, was to pay another Rs 500/- and get a passport with 60 pages. How does that help in fitting the name in the database? I really have no idea.
I have another date with the passport office on Monday and god knows when I will get the elusive passport.
By the way it was a bad day all together. There was no power till the afternoon. Then I didn't get my passport. While returning I was stuck in a huge traffic jam. When I went to meet one of my friends, after coming back, the route was blocked and when I did reach his house, he was not there.
Some days truly suck :(

No comments: