Thursday, December 08, 2005

The college fest

Today was Miranda house's college fest: Tempest '05. Me and Sam left for the fest from my house at around 11:30 am. We took a bus to Kashmeree gate and then from there we took the grand Delhi metro to Delhi university.
Although it has been a few years since the metro started functioning, it was my first ride in it. It is pretty cool. The station was clean and well maintained. You have escalators, air conditioning and the works. It seriously doesn't feel like India.
After meeting some of Sam's friends we left for Miranda house. When we reached there the inter college rock competition was going on. Except two bands I found the remaining lacking. To be frank I couldn't understand a single word they were shouting.
After that got over, there were performances from Prestorika (another rock band which did a lot of harm to my ears) and Tantra. Tantra was the better of the two, because they were playing popular hindi/english songs while using the guitar, drums and keyboard to good effect. At least I could sing along ;-P
After that got over we had coffee and returned home (metro and bus again).
Among other things I received my shiny new 5 free Ubuntu cds from Schiphol Triport, Netherlands. Those guys are so cool to sends free cds to anyone anywhere in this world.
Oh and I almost forgot the number of girls who turned up were quite nice ;-) Mini skirts in winters are enough proof for me that god does exist.

No comments: