Saturday, November 19, 2005

Knoppix rediscovered

I had a Knoppix CD, but I had never gotten it work completely. I mean, I could go into the text mode, but not into the graphical mode. Reason: the monitor was going out of sync when it tried to get into X. Now, I really didn't care for this, as I had Gentoo on my hard drive, until yesterday.
Knoppix helped me in fixing the GRUB problem which I recently had. From then on I had been thinking of getting everything up and running.
The solution to the problem was a pretty simple one: pass the desired hsync and vsync frequencies as an argument during the boot up screen. I wanted to kick myself for being so ignorant.
Anyway, right now I'm posting this from Knoppix. So, (obviously) net works, so do the mp3s and the videos. Its pretty cool.
3 days, 3 differently flavored OSes.. should do something else.

No comments: