Saturday, October 15, 2005

Pacman map editor

I was working on creating the maze for my Pacman project. To do that I divided the screen into cells of dimensions 40x40. Each cell can either be a boundary entity, a pill , a super pill or empty. The boundary entities are the ones which actually form the maze (the blue thingies).

Now I had done all the coding for the Cell class, but I was really not in the mood to type in all the values (namely the x,y coordinates and the type) for all the cells to make the maze (I hate magic numbers in a program). So I made a map editor which is basically a WYSIWYG editor with which you can create mazes for my pacman game. It is very basic at the moment. You just hover the mouse on to a region and click. The cell's type, in which the region belongs, is changed with each mouse click. The map can then be saved into a file which is read by the Pacman game.

I think it is pretty neat :D Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good going man!!..its comin up really cool..

Rohit said...

Thanks yaar