Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Munnar revisited

We had the audacity to repeat the stunt of yesteryear. Same old story: Bunch of guys get a holiday and plan to make good use of it: We went to Munnar (the Darjeeling of Kerala)... once more.
This time we were 7 instead of 5. Because of some mystical reasons Rahul planned to stay back, otherwise we would have been 8. There was one more difference ala I carried my x-ray vision glasses (I will post some photos to make things more clear).

The drive consisted of carefully navigating the blind curves and the f*ckers who kept their lights on high beam, all the while being sure you don't land up 3000 ft downhill in some tea farm . The drive was repetitive (honk horn, turn left, honk horn, turn right and repeat), but I enjoyed it anyway.
We again went to Top station (which is like ... umm welll.. at the top) . Nothing much happened there, as most of the awesome scenery which is visible from there was covered in a dense fog.

We then went for boating. Sujit, Anshul and Sourav, learning from their past experience opted for the pedal boat. Whereas I, in a hope to relive my past heroics, opted for the row boat along with Ashish, Arun and Addy (who were doing the row boat thing for the first time). I wish I hadn't. It was more tiring than enjoyable. I guess I never learn.

Basically we visited the same places again and did the same things again... the reason being: We didn't have enough money to go to Goa :(
I'm sure I'm making very less sense right now, but in my defense I haven't slept for 36 hours straight. Maybe I will write something more sensible when I regain my sleep. ... till then Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude sorry ... but ur tagged ... check my weblog

Anonymous said...

NICE TO KNOW THAT FOG STILL HUGS TOP STATON INSPITE OF ALL THE ENVIRONMENTAL ATTACKS ON THE VIRGIN MOUNTAINS.ANY WAY SORRY U COULD NOT HAVE HAD A NICE VIEW ,COULD HAVE TREKKED TO KURRNGANNI AT THE FOOT OF TOP STATION AND WALKED UP...AN ADMIRIRER OF MUNNAR