Friday, March 03, 2006

Confusion prevails..

Delhi is a near and dear place to us all. So when the (malayalam) newspapers announced today that our college has been suspended till March 17th, it was a reflex action to plan the trip to Delhi. For some inexplicable reason, I was deliberating whether to go or not. Don't ask me why I did something like that? Sometimes I surprise myself with my stupidity. So after a lot of thought I decided that I will go.... and then after some more thought I decided that I won't go.. that was final... yes, final.
Anshul was going to the station to book the tickets for himself and Ashish, when I told him that I won't be coming. So he left and as soon as he reached the station, as the gods would have it, my mom telephoned me and convinced me that I should be coming to Delhi. So, I chased after Anshul to the station and booked the tickets for tomorrow evening (confirmed, no waiting list/RAC hanky panky).
Finally, at least something was decided... or maybe not.
The latest news (rumor) has it that the strikes and the suspension will be withdrawn by wednesday. Now this is the point where I want to strike myself with a hammer, because as soon as the college reopens we will be having our internal exams.
The next logical step is to cancel the tickets for tomorrow and lose 25% of the money spent on it. I'm sure as soon as I do it, all hell will break lose in campus and the college won't reopen till a month.

I propose a toast to CUSAT where, as Ashish once said to his HOD at her house, "anything is possible".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you will support the strikes at CUSAT (and that they do not affect your prospects too much).

Kindest thoughts
Marc Gibson
(m.a.gibson@lboro.ac.uk)

Rohit said...

Thanks Marc. Do I know you from somewhere?