Monday, February 20, 2006

Satya ki khoj

I'm still trying to search the real me. The meaning of my name, according to some people, in Sanskrit is: "The First Rays of the Sun". As I had barely managed to pass Sanskrit in my 8th standard (needless to say I didn't take it in 9th & 10th), I really can't confirm that. Anyway, I can confirm one thing though, that the meaning holds no significance in my case. I wake up maybe with the last rays of the sun, or may be with the first rays of the tubelight. Talking of tubelights, yes I'm a bit slow in my mental department, but that is a topic I only discuss with my neurosurgeons. So, coming back to the meaning of my name, the other meaning which I have come across is: the color red. The only place where, as we have been taught since childhood, the color red holds any significance is: the traffic light. To reiterate what you sang in chorus when you were in nursery: "Red means stop.". So whenever you see me, STOP, and honk your horn. Or whenever you are at a traffic light cursing the other driver, remember me, for I will always be there, above you and looking at you. Amen.

P.S: The above was an attempt at revamping my dull and boring "about me" section at numerous profiles. On second thought, maybe I shouldn't have. It now looks to me as a lame attempt at humor, which was maybe *inspired* by reading the two blogs which I mentioned yesterday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

get back to ur original style man..much better..altho this is gud stuff to make fun of u..am forwardin this to my college friends

Rohit said...

That is not fair.. :( shit please no... I was embarassed already to delete it once and then repost it again.

Anonymous said...

hey dis was gr8......i had no idea u had such a sense of humour!!! n now i completely understand dat raki n others are justified for making u da butt of all der jokes...
u remember readin rahul's blog(da guy in our college)....u rilly seem to be giving him a gud competition now!!
HAHAHAHA :D

Rohit said...

I wish you could have stopped after the first two sentences.
I lay down my arms and wave a white flag.

Anonymous said...

""Talking of tubelights, yes I'm a bit slow in my mental department,"" :-o slow??? and YOU??? then what are we??
baki sab mast hai, and i did feel that u must have been quite "Khaali" when u wrote dis.... lolzzzz :D

Rohit said...

Ya, I had pretty much nothing else to do. So I thought why not go ahead and embarass myself in front of the whole world.