Thursday, February 02, 2006

CS vs IT

This match was supposed to be the second semi final, after the first one between Civil and Mechanical got over. Civil beat mechanical in the first semis by a massive margin of around 20 points.
The general impression about our match was that we will lose, because IT had a good team and Pylee (the guy who can dunk) was back after completing his project. I was given the job of guarding him.
In my opinion this game was the best fight which any team has given to IT in the past 3 years (IT has won the basketball tournament all 3 years.). We defended well, passed well and played a really commited game of basketball. But, Pylee with his reach and jump took the game away from us. He scored 27 points of the 41 which the team scored. The final score was 32-41 favoring IT.
Although Pylee scored 27 points, I think I guarded him well.
This was one of the games where, though we lost, I feel content for giving a good fight.
At the end of the game I was bruised on my shoulders, knees etc, but didn't feel the pain (well not until the after-shave lotion was applied on it.).
Tomorrow the basketball finals is there between IT and Civil/Safety, it will be a good match.

1 comment:

pratyush said...

hey kool buddy... no probs we were not able to win.. but itzz alwayzz nice to giv our best...