Monday, January 16, 2006

Yeh hai meri kahani

Of the things which I enjoy in Cochin, spontaneity and freedom will be the ones on the top of the list. If I were to start narrating the events of this day (16-1-06) from midnight, it will be somethingl like this.

Crabs are not an aggresive species. In fact even if you are the aggresor they still would rather step away than try and bite you. A fact which was clearly demonstarted by Ashish, who was trying to catch a crab, in vain, with his bare hands!!!! Yes, he has nothing better to do in life, but that could be said for any one of us.
We were at Cherai beach on a full moon. The beach was empty except for the five of us and the crabs. It was the result of staying at home on a rather long weekend and the availability of conveyance. We returned back home drenched (by rain and the sea) around 1 am.

I had been reading "One night @ the call center" by Chetan Bhagat (his second book, after his much successfull "Five point someone.") the past day, and I thought that I will as well finish it off.

In my opinion the book is nice although it is not filled with adventure and humor, as his first book was, but is surely worth the read. Some people may find it hard to stomach certain details in the book, as they may not seem to be rational, but that was not the case with me. All in all you can read it and not be bored, but don't expect another "Five point someone." By the time I finished, it was 2:30 am. Time to sleep.

B.Tech sports is about to come and the inter branch basketball matches start from 20th of this month. I came to know about this yesterday evening, when I went to the court in an attempt to shed the extra kilos gained by sitting at home and being tempted with all kinds of sweets around me. That was obviously not great news as we (CS) hadn't practised for a while. The good news though, is that others are not practising as well. Today's practise was cut short by heavy showers and lightning. I returned home (drenched) to find that it was not just our practise session, but also the power which had been cut short.

We lay in darkness when we decided that we will as well go for a movie, rather than let the mosquitoes suck our high cholestrol blood. We had to choose between "King Kong" and "Zinda". We chose "Zinda" (surprise!!!!). We had our dinner and left for the 9:00 pm show. Just when the movie was about to start, I got a message from Arun: "Power was back up." Life was playing games again.

About the movie, let me just say that bollywood has finally progressed in depicting sex and violence, the two things which make a good formula movie. Zinda has both in a controlled dose and that's why I say it is worth the watch (not for girls though :P ). It has gore, foul language and the sizzlers. Oh and by the way, Sourav said that "Zinda" had more gore than "Hannibal". I beg to differ. Zinda has quite a few of these scenes, but Hannibal has just one and that one compensates. Those who have seen both movies will understand. I leave the details, as I don't want to spoil your appetite.

This was my first day of the 8th semester, which was in fact our so called "Project day", hence no class. I wish for more such days !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oye even i saw zinda..n liked it!..the violence wa more that shown in hindi movies but i dont think twas as gory as hannibal..boy u r fun there..keep it goin..even i am here..;)