Thursday, January 12, 2006

Freezer to furnace

I left Delhi in a winter which was going to be the coldest one in 70 years, to Bombay. It had been 4 years since I had seen the face of the city and there was little I could recollect except the rush in the local trains. So how does Bombay differ from Delhi? Here are some things which I noticed :
  • The auto drivers charge by the meter !!! If someone in Delhi charges you by the meter you can be sure that the meter has been rigged.
  • Auto rickshaws have music systems which will put a rich kid's hip hop system to shame. No kidding.
  • People drive on low beam. In Delhi driving on high beam is considered "shaan ki baat" (matter of pride).
  • Vada pao :)
I stayed at my uncle's place for a few days, did some shopping and general loitering (Juhu beach and In-orbit mall) with my brother. I returned back to the world of coconuts today afternoon. It was a nice long vacation. Oh wait there are 4 more days of it left !!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back buddy :) ...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rohit said...

I was in Bombay two days back :( I was there for a total of 4 days. I posted this after coming back to Cochin. I guess I missed you by a whisker.

Anonymous said...

Dude will u delete the post ... or my phone no ... i m a little paranoid.. Ha rohit are u on yahoo messenger i hv something to talk abut ... phyton+embedded database+writing an article for developer IQ along with 4 more ppl over a week using a wiki ... if it interest u let me know

Rohit said...

Done. My yahoo id is rohitkkumar.
I would be interested in seeing the article, although my knowledge of Python is not extensive.