Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Long shot

I have spent a major portion of my college life playing multiplayer games on our LAN (ah.. those memorable days, afternoons, nights.) and arguably I was the best in house. Yes I was beaten many times, but my win percent was always high.
Anyway, anyone who is a gamer knows the value of a sniper. Be it when you are on top of the tower in "CTF-Face" (Unreal Tournament) or when you have the AWP in your hands in "Dust" (Counter Strike) You will be the most hated person by the opposition and the most valued by people (bots??) on your side. Anshul even prided in calling himself "Sniper-Krishna", because there was once a time when no one could get rid of him while playing in CTF-Face. That is no one ... other than me B-)
And then there are the classic snipers from the movies: "Saving Private Ryan", "Enemy at the gates", "Phone booth", "Behind enemy lines" (yes there is a very short sniper sequence during the end of the movie and we have watched it enough times to notice), "Band of brothers", all highly coveted positions. Of course of the lot the best sniper (according to me and Anshul) is the one in "Saving Private Ryan".

So, now having ascertained that we are huge sniper fans, when someone shows me this, my reaction is: "Damn! I got to have that thing."

Quick link thrown in as an after thought: Making your breakfast more interesting.

No comments: