Thursday, November 02, 2006

Me Delhi trip

I somehow managed to sneak around 12 days of holidays (begging and borrowing from here and there) and went to Delhi on Diwali. Few of the highlights of the trip include:
  • Getting a bird's eye view of Diwali from up above the clouds. I'm not much of a cracker burster so I didn't miss doing that and yes if I had done it then I would probably be behind bars right now. By the way the aerial veridct is that the Delhi Diwali was much more festive and polluting than the Bangalore one.
  • A defunct school reunion which happened on the next day I landed. I don't blame anyone, but it was a failure.
  • I have gained a more than passing interest in income tax, mutual funds and the stock market. Reason being: I hate channel surfing and my PC was down, so this was the next best thing to do.
  • I attended a rock concert (courtesty Rakesh) and didn't quite enjoy it that much. First, I hadn't heard a single song which the bands were playing (given that they were Indian and I don't listen to heavy metal) and second I couldn't grasp a single word they were saying (given that they were Indian and I don't listen to heavy metal). One new revelation which did come out of it was that of the Mosh Pit. If you are even .000093 % sane you won't be in one.
  • Finally, Air-Deccan can't be relied upon to take you anywhere on time. You may reach before time or after time but never on.

2 comments:

Ankur said...

I hv one of the worse memories of a mosh pit ... the fact that i m thin ... these guys just toshed me around ... It took quite some efforts to get out of it ...

Rohit said...

Yeah the one which I saw had guys falling down and hurting themselves but that really didn't affect them. I guess they would have been sufficiently high.