Wednesday, August 10, 2005

My second game

Well I am supposed to be making Pac-man for my graphics micro-mini project. Instead I made a game of pong (It would be surprising if you haven't played it). No idea why I made it.
Anyway the controls are the usual "LEFT" to move left, "RIGHT" to move right and "SPACE" to stop the bat. Why does one need "SPACE" to stop? Well, because the bat moves really fast. Right now it is very tough to play the game, forget winning. The computer near about plays a perfect game and I haven't scored a single point against it. The reason being the algorithm driving the game of the computer is stupidly written.
If you want to play the game you can get the executables. You can also get the source code. It has been written in xemacs and compiled using Bloodshed Dev C++. You will be needing the SDL libraries to compile the program. They are provided with the executables.
It took me two nights to finish this program and thus it has not been well commented. I will soon take care of that.

No comments: