Sunday, July 24, 2005

My first game

I had been playing around with SDL and OpenGL for the past few days. It was about time that I did something constructive with what I had gained. So I came with an idea for this game where you have to shoot randomly moving balls with the help of a mouse. I sat down and started coding. At the end of an hour I had a playable game. The balls, well, didn't look like balls. They had turned out to be square ! But rest of the things were fine. The cross hair did look like a cross hair. When I clicked the mouse it did give me the sound of a gun shot. So all in all I'm satisfied with my ugly looking game which has no future whatsoever. The source code and executables are (as always) available. The program was written using Bloodshed Dev C++ IDE and xemacs. You will be needing SDL.dll and SDL_mixer.dll to compile the file under windows and the same corresponding libraries under Linux . These dlls are provided with the executables or you can get them from here.

No comments: