Saturday, February 05, 2005

Frankenstein

"It was on a dreary night of November, that I beheld the accomplishment of my toils. With an anxiety that almost amounted to agony, I collected the instruments of life around me, that I might infuse a spark of being into the lifeless thing that lay at my feet. It was already one in the morning; the rain pattered dismally against the panes, and my candle was nearly burnt out, when, by the glimmer of the half-extinguished light, I saw the dull yellow eye of the creature open; it breathed hard, and a convulsive motion agitated its limbs."



So today, I lent a brain (pronounced as alpha beta pruning) to my creation (also better known as a chess engine) and it played its very first game against me. To my surprise it was actually beating me. I didn't like it so I quit the game halfway and went to tell Rahul what had just happened. Rahul, suggested that I match it up with crafty. I took that suggestion and ,as expected , crafty won. But I'm pretty happy that v1.0 of the chess engine is almost out. I am right now thinking of a good name to give it. BTW Frankenstein is out of question ;-)

No comments: