Monday, June 12, 2006

Eating one's own words

If not here, I have at many places said time and again that I don't like to watch football matches (I don't mind playing though). They were too slow, too boringly lethargic (coming from a guy who watches 5 day cricket test matches... yeah yeah I have my double standards). My excuse being that the number of goals scored were too less. Being a basketball player, I guess that excuse was valid to some extent. But then today I saw this world cup match between Japan vs Australia. Australia came back from behind and beat the Japanese 3-1 and ignited in me a new appreciation for the game. I like to watch now.
Now I'm looking forward to the annhilation of Costa Rica Croatia at the hands of Brazil tomorrow :)

Other than words, I'm also eating a lot of other things. Be it visits to coffee shops, restaurants, pubs , roadside vendors, and a countless amount food items which my mom is forcing down my throat, they are all adding to everything to what I had lost earlier... ie.. the thing which grows below your chest. And I bloody well can't keep my tempation under control..

No comments: